iSAMS: How to set up iSAMS Integration
This article tells you what you need to do to sync data from iSAMS, both when setting your SchoolCloud system up for the first time and when you later want to refresh the data.
Setting up iSAMS integration
Note: This section only needs to be followed if you are setting your system up for the first time or your iSAMS details have changed.
If the integration is already set up please follow the Syncing your data from iSAMS section below.
- HR Manager Datasets - Current Staff
- Pupil Manager Datasets - Contacts (Filtered)
- Pupil Manager Datasets - Current Students
- Pupil Manager Datasets - Custom Group Membership
- Pupil Manager Datasets - Custom Groups
- School Manager Datasets - Academic Houses
- School Manager Datasets - Boarding Houses
- School Manager Datasets - School Forms
- School Manager Datasets - School Divisions
- School Manager Datasets - Year Groups
- Teaching Manager Datasets - Departments & Subjects
- Teaching Manager Datasets - Teaching Forms
- Teaching Manager Datasets - Teaching Sets
- Teaching Manager Datasets - Teaching Set Lists
If you're asked for a list of allowed IP addresses in the iSAMS API Services Manager, use the following:
Set the Batch API Key to refresh every 1 hour rather than the default 24 hours.
Once you have set this up please enter your iSAMS web address and the Batch API key in your system (either in the Getting Started Wizard or in Settings > Data Input Source) along with the other details the page requires.
If the API setup asks you for the Integrator Properties please enter
School Cloud Systems and SchoolCloud Clubs & Events respectively.
Syncing your data from iSAMS
Once iSAMS integration is in place you can run a sync from iSAMS at any time. To ensure all your data is up to date, we recommend this is done whenever you are setting up a new evening or event.
If you need to run a sync while you have a live evening or event, be aware that if a teacher or student with existing bookings is removed by the new sync those bookings will also be deleted from the system.
To perform a sync with iSAMS please follow the steps below:
- Login to SchoolCloud as an admin.
Click Data on the left. This will take you to the Data Dashboard page.